Thursday, October 29, 2009

October Daring Baker's Challenge

The 2009 October Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to us by Ami S. She chose macarons from Claudia Fleming’s The Last Course: The Desserts of Gramercy Tavern as the challenge recipe.

I have always wanted to try making macarons and boy was it a challenge! It was a pretty busy month for me and hence I could only do it the day before the reveal date.



The piped macaron mixture.



The baked product. Did not turn out as well as I would have like it to be. They were not smooth and they did not have any feet. Tasted alright though.

I decided to make a dark chocolate hazelnut ganache to fill the macarons. Unfortunately the ganache split after I put it together and I managed to fill a few and they tasted pretty good.



Not a perfect outcome, but I will try making macarons again soon when I have more time!


1 comment:

Jill @ Jillicious Discoveries said...

I love the dark chocolate hazelnut ganache (I did the same filling)--I had problems with this recipe too. At least yours puffed up a little--my first batch were very flat! :)