Sunday, June 26, 2005

Homeward Bound

Exams are finally over! A huge load has been lifted off my brain! And I'm going home tomorrow!!
We took a trip down to Victor Harbour today, wanting to catch some whales in action as its whale season now.. The view there is spectacular.. The ocean is so very big. How I wish I would be able to own a beachfront property there.. Went over to a small island there called Granite Island, so called because I think its made entirely out of granite, and maybe some sand, grass and other stuff.. It was a nice walk around the island, saw sea sprays and funny rock formations.. Then we saw whales in the distance! I imagine our luck!! There they were, two whales frolicking about in the ocean, churning out bubbles around the sea water.. So we stood there to admire the whales, waiting to see if they will flick a tail at us. But after 5 minutes of no movement, and observing them some 15 minutes later, they were still in the same position.. We realised that they were rocks that were almost fully submerged under the water with the waves lapping around them.. Argh. The whales eluded us this time, but we will be back.
Went for dinner after that in this restaurant near the coast. We all had Beer Batter Fish and Chips.. It was not too bad, but I think Fish and Co. is still better.. We also celebrated early Fang's 21st Birthday in the restaurant.. I would say our plan came to fruition very successfully, beginning with an ambush, a race and a lost camera. The restaurant was also very helpful by helping us with the cake and giving Fang a free PiƱa Colada.. It was a very fun day and a very good way to destress after the exams.. I would also like to wish Fang a very Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your day!

No comments: