Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July Daring Cook's Challenge

The July 2010 Daring Cooks’ Challenge was hosted by Margie of More Please and Natashya of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make their own nut butter from scratch, and use the nut butter in a recipe. Their sources include Better with Nut Butter by Cooking Light Magazine, Asian Noodles by Nina Simonds, and Food Network online.

It's going to be a short entry this month! I absolutely love nuts! Especially just roasted with some salt! This is my first time making nut butters and I will definitely try some other nuts in the future. I chose to make chicken and pecan cream this time as I have a weakness towards pecans. Absolutely love them. I have never used nuts like that before in a cream for pasta and the product was delectable. I must say the smell wafting from my food processor while processing the roasted pecans was absolutely heavenly!


I am definitely going to make this again and also try out other nut butters in other dishes including desserts. As a side note, here is what I made for dessert, one of my absolute favs after visiting France.

Crème brûlée! Yum.
Until next month!


1 comment:

Audax said...

Great to hear you enjoyed the challenge so much and will be trying some more recipes later and the crème brûlée looks stunning.

Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.